Lindfield Bonfire Society wish to thank everyone who attended our Bonfire Night yesterday. We hope you all had an enjoyable time despite the wet conditions and look forward to seeing you again.
We would like to thank Chailey, Burgess Hill and Edenbridge Bonfire Societies, Lindfield Scouts and Burgess Hill Marching Youth for taking part in our Procession and also helping out during the night. It was great to see you all there.
We also thank those who worked behind the scenes on the night: Sussex Police, Mid Sussex District Council, SERCO, The Red Cross, Haywards Heath Fire Service, and Mid-Sussex Scouts.
Special mention goes out to everyone who helped pack up after the event and who assisted with the clean up operation of the Common this morning.
Finally, our last thanks goes to the Lindfield Bonfire Boys and Girls for all their hard work in making this event happen.
Please have a look at our 2013 Photo Gallery to see pictures of the night!
Work is progressing well on setting up tonight’s Bonfire and Firework Display on Lindfield Common, and we are still on track to hold this years Bonfire Night.
We look forward to seeing you all there!!!
Well, today is the 5th of November and, unsurprisingly, all of Lindfield Bonfire Society will be extremely busy today setting up both on the Common and around the Village in advance of this evening’s event. We will therefore be unable to respond to individual email queries during the day or evening. However, we will update our web site and Facebook page with any breaking news relating to our event.
We wish you all a safe and enjoyable November 5th, and look forward to seeing you at our event.
Another very busy day for Lindfield Bonfire Society! Latest news is:
- Inspection of the Common – Today’s inspection went well. There will be a final site inspection tomorrow, but we are not currently expecting any significant issue that will affect our event.
- Bonfire Fuel – We now have all the wood required for our Bonfire.
- Torch Dipping – All torches have now been dipped and are ready for action!
Some guidance for tomorrow:
- Road Closures – don’t forget that the Village road closures will be in place between 18:30 and 21:30
- Car Parking – There is only limited parking within the Village. If you do come by car, please park considerately and make sure you leave room for emergency vehicles to get past. As attendance is expected to be high, please be prepared to walk to the Common and the procession route.
- Fireworks & Sparklers – Do not bring fireworks or sparklers with you to our event or let them off. Discharging these in public is a criminal offence!
- Glass Bottles – Do not bring them, they are dangerous when broken!
- The Procession – Marching in the procession is restricted to Society Members, those from visiting Societies, invited organisations and entrants of our fancy dress competition. If you are carrying a torch in the procession please remember be aware of people around you, wear gloves and makes sure that you are not wearing flammable clothing!
- Catering – There will be catering stalls on the Common selling food and drink
And finally, our Bonfire Night is a free event. However, we request that if you do attend please, please make a donation into the collection buckets and tins that Society Members and helpers will be taking around the crowd both during and after our event. Your support is vital in allowing us to host this event and to support local children’s charities!
Another busy weekend for Lindfield bonfire Society! On Saturday we were off to Newick for their Bonfire Night celebration. It was a great turnout for the Society and we are really pleased so many LBS members were able to march on the night. We were also delighted that the predicted rain never arrived! A fantatsic evening was had by all in attendance.
Also, a big thank you to everyone who came down to the storage area today to help with the final preparations for Bonfire Night. It was great to see so many of you there, and to make it even better it didn’t rain either! Hope all goes well with tomorrow’s torch dipping!