Please remember that this year Lindfield Bonfire Night is on Saturday 4th November. What else do you need to know about our night? Well…
- Oue clebration is free for the public to attend, all we ask is that if you enjoy the evening please make a donation in the collection buckets out in the procession and on the Common during.
- The money collected on the night is in aid of local Children’s charities.
- Lindfield Bonfire Society is a non-profit making organisation who fund raise throughtout the year to put this event on.
- This is a traditional Sussex Bonfire celebration
This year Lindfield Bonfire Society are holding a ‘Build a Guy’ Competion, being judged Saturday afternoon between 2.00 and 2.30 on 4th November.
Please bring you built Guy to the top of the fire site on Lindfield Common.
Your Guy can be as large or small as you wish, but please remember:
1. One entry per child (or adult). This is an amateur competition
2. Don’t forget your entry form, which can be found in this years Bonfire Programme
3. Clean dry materials, such as paper, straw etc. must only be used to
create your Guy.
4. No plastic, metal, non-combustible or hazardous materials are to be
used in the construction of the Guy (remember the Guys will be burnt on our Bonfire).
5. Children should seek adults permission to use old clothing & materials
We look fowrad to seeing your entry’s and wish you all the best of luck!
Thankyou for all you kind offers of wood & fuel for our Bonfire. We can confirm we have more than enough for our night.
For those concerned about hedgehog & wildlife welfare, we at Lindfield build our bonfire on the day of our celebration. If you are looking to have your own bonfire to mark Bonfire Night we recommend you visit the British Hedgehog Preservation Society webiste for guidance on how to make this as safe as possible for wildlife.
Don’t forget that this years Lindfield Bonfire Society is holding its Bonfire Night celebration on Saturday 4th November. Why? Because it is a Lindfield tradition to not celebrate Bonfire on a Sunday!
On the 4th the timings for our celebration are:
2.00pm – Guy Building Competition Judging – Lindfield Common (free to enter, form and rules can be found in our Bonfire Programme)
6.30pm – Fancy Dress Competition – at the King Edward Hall (free to enter and open to teh public & visiting Societies)
7.30pm – Torchlight Procession – through the village (note that members of the public are not permitted to walk in the procession)
8.15pm – Lighting of the Bonfire – preceded by the traditional Bonfire Prayer
8.30pm – Grand Firework Display – on Lindfield Common
9.00pm – End of show
*All timings are approximate and subject to weather conditions.
Finally, don’t forget to get a copy of this years Bonfire Programme which is now available in local and pubs. for a 50p suggested donation. This contains further details about our event and entry forms for our Guy making competition our Bonfire programme colouring competition (this year beautifully drawn by Leesa Le May at Lindfield Art Studio).
This month’s Committee meeting is on Thursday 19th October
8pm-9.30pm at the King Edward Hall.
This is preceded by our 4th November Helper & Marshalls Meeting, starting at 7.30, for all who wish to help or be involved before, during and after our celebration.
If you are attending and have something in particular you’d like to discuss please let us know in advance via the Contact Us section of our web site.